Wednesday, November 12, 2014

penny postcards.

My husband (Zach) found this great postcard website and shared it with me and I wanted to share it with you all today:

Penny Postcards
These postcards cost 1¢ to mail. Postage was temporarily raised to 2¢ from 1917 to 1919 to cover the cost of World War I and again from 1925 to 1928.

You can click on any state listed and it will show you all of the penny postcards that have been submitted for that state (broken down by county).

Here are some of the postcards that were my favorite from my hometown of Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Virginia:
Image from: usgwarchives.net

Image from: usgwarchives.net

Image from: usgwarchives.net
Do you have any penny postcards you would like to share? You can be a contributor for the website and submit your own postcards as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment