Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentines, VA 2019

This past weekend my mom, Bells and I took our annual drive to Valentines, VA to mail all of our valentines! It takes about 2 hours to get there from where I live, so we make a day out of it. We always laugh that people probably think we are nuts for driving so far to mail letters. But it is something we look forward to every year and love doing!

We started out our day being matchy matchy in our Lularoe typewriter pattern! I had to have this dress as soon as I saw it. The pattern was so perfect!

44 valentines ready to be mailed!
Bells with some of her cards to mail!
I love all the vintage details about this post office! It has so much charm!




The postmaster Kathy has been the one behind the counter every year since we started going around 2014! She recognizes us every year and has seen Bells grow up since we have been coming in with her since she was 2 months old!

She gave Bells a gift bag this year filled with crayons and a coloring book! So sweet.

My mom and Postmaster Kathy

3 generations of letter mailers!
If you are ever up for a fun little journey next year I suggest adding the Valentines, VA post office to your list! And if you live to far away to make it there, you can always mail a stamped envelope full of pre-addressed stamped letters to them and they will make sure that they all receive the special Valentines, VA postmark and hand stamp! (More about the hand stamp in an upcoming blog post)

Valentines Post Office
23 Manning Drive
Valentines, VA 23887

xo,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment