Friday, September 20, 2013

my home. part 1

There are several places in my home that when I look at them I smile. Some of those places have to do with letters and mail! I thought I would share these places with you on a little home tour. Some of the places are still a work in progress, so when I finish those I will make a post about them.

First, is our mantle. We have a lovely gas fireplace, which I can not wait to use this winter with a cup of hot coco (and extra marshmallows). When we moved in, we painted the mantle cream to better match the walls in the room. I then added a few of my favorite things. 

I found this red mailbox while shopping at World Market one day and just knew I had to have it! I also found the adorable chalkboard easel, which we used in our wedding and afterwards thought it would look great next to the mailbox.

Sitting next to those are a few vintage items I picked up while in Mount Dora, Florida a few christmases ago while visiting my in-laws. By the way, if you ever get a chance to go to Mount Dora, I suggest you do so. There are so many great antique shops in town and they all have tons of vintage mail paraphernalia!
Here is a close up of the vintage items. The three metal tins are old typewriter ribbon tins and behind those are old mailing tubes. They are made of wood and have screw on tops. I was so excited to find these! The taller one still has the mailing label and postage on it. These old mailing tubes are so much cooler than the ones they have out now days.


p.s. Do you have any vintage mail paraphernalia in your house that you just love?

No comments:

Post a Comment